The Governance Committee oversees the process for nominating and electing Masters and Fellows of the College to the Board of Regents (BOR) and is beginning the process of seeking Regents to join the Board in April 2020.
The Governance Committee strives to represent the diversity within internal medicine on ACP's BOR. Important general qualifications include commitment to ACP, dependability, leadership qualities, and the ability to represent the College in numerous and diverse arenas. Regent nominees must be Fellows or Masters of the College. Nominees for Regent should also be prepared and qualified to serve as members of the ACP Services Board of Directors, a position which they will also assume if elected to the Board.
In order to be considered by the Governance Committee, all candidates for New Regent must declare their intent to be a candidate by Aug. 1, 2019 and submit the following no later than Sept. 1, 2019:
- 1. Three letters of recommendation
- 2. Current curriculum vitae
- 3. Biographical sketch
- 4. Responses to the standardized questions
- 5. Disclosure of Interests electronic form
- 6. Photograph
- 7. Personal statement, to include: a. Brief description of his/her current activities, b. Special attributes that the candidate would bring to the Board of Regents, c. Previous and current service in College-related activities, and d. Service in organizations other than the College (medical and non-medical)
All materials must be received by Sept. 1, 2019, or the nomination will not be advanced to the Governance Committee. Candidates who wish to be considered for a second year may choose to retain their nomination materials on file or submit new materials. After two years of consideration, new materials must be submitted. For retained letters of recommendation, letter writers will be contacted by staff to affirm the writer's continued support.
Please contact Lauren Cruz at email@example.com no later than Aug. 1, 2019, to declare your intent to be a candidate for Regent.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Cruz toll free at (800) 523-1546, ext 2817, or direct at (215) 351-2817.