National Influenza Vaccination Week 2017 is Dec. 3-9, and ACP advises internists to discuss the importance of the flu vaccine with their patients.
The latest recommended immunization schedule for adults was reviewed and approved in part by ACP and is available online from Annals of Internal Medicine.
Additionally, ACP offers the following resources to help increase immunization rates:
- Immunization patient-education materials
- ACP's I Raise the Rates initiative to increase adult immunization rates in primary care, which includes webinars and videos that cover the latest vaccine recommendations for adults and how to engage the entire health care team in organizing immunization services
- Examples of quality improvement projects in adult immunization
- The ACP Practice Advisor Adult Immunization Module, focused on steps that staff in primary care offices can take to improve the rates of immunization
- ACP Adult Immunization & Quality Improvement for Residents training program on the science of adult immunizations and evidence-based strategies for increasing vaccination rates