March 2000 issue:
- With the Allegheny debacle fading, Philadelphia medicine rebuilds
- Doctor-pharmacist collaborations: cure for errors or threat to autonomy?
Questions about control and reimbursement make the idea a hard sell
- Steps we can take to regain professional satisfaction
- News briefs
- How ABIM is changing recertification for internists
Physicians can now get CME credit for their efforts and forget about burdensome life-support requirements
- Consumer ads: How should you handle the pressure?
- New ruling on resident unions worries some educators
Collective bargaining may improve conditions for some, but educators worry about the fallout
- Medicine eyes market for online health information
Despite tough competition, doctors think they can win over patients with top-notch clinical Web sites
- Does your practice measure up? Try benchmarking
Collecting and analyzing data can help uncover problems—and make your practice run more smoothly
- How to more accurately document patient history
- President's Column
How the College is working to resolve differences with subspecialists
- For some of this year's new Fellows, Convocation will be a family affair
- Regents discuss mid-level providers, Oregon health plan and GME
- A look at the College's response to the IOM report on medical errors
- How the College is continuing to fight for access to care
- New College officers elected
- Candidates elected to ACP-ASIM Fellowship in January 2000
- Bylaws changes for adoption at Annual Session 2000
- Obituary—James R. Klinenberg, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.