March 2000 issue:
- With the Allegheny debacle fading, Philadelphia medicine rebuilds
- Doctor-pharmacist collaborations: cure for errors or threat to autonomy?
Questions about control and reimbursement make the idea a hard sell
- Steps we can take to regain professional satisfaction
- News briefs
- How ABIM is changing recertification for internists
Physicians can now get CME credit for their efforts and forget about burdensome life-support requirements
- Consumer ads: How should you handle the pressure?
- New ruling on resident unions worries some educators
Collective bargaining may improve conditions for some, but educators worry about the fallout
- Medicine eyes market for online health information
Despite tough competition, doctors think they can win over patients with top-notch clinical Web sites
- Does your practice measure up? Try benchmarking
Collecting and analyzing data can help uncover problems—and make your practice run more smoothly
- How to more accurately document patient history
- President's Column
How the College is working to resolve differences with subspecialists
- For some of this year's new Fellows, Convocation will be a family affair
- Regents discuss mid-level providers, Oregon health plan and GME
- A look at the College's response to the IOM report on medical errors
- How the College is continuing to fight for access to care
- New College officers elected
- Candidates elected to ACP-ASIM Fellowship in January 2000
- Bylaws changes for adoption at Annual Session 2000
- Obituary—James R. Klinenberg, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!