December 1999 issue:
- Cultural conflicts and antitrust laws dog collective bargaining by doctors
- Changes in medicine's mommy track
Shifting demographics and more physician mothers mean new opportunities—and worries
- Medicare fee schedule to give 5% raise next year
- A look back at a career spent fighting for internists
- Small-group strategies for revamping physician pay
Basing pay on collections, not charges, and dividing expenses fairly can help avoid infighting
- Make your waiting room a high-tech learning center
You can use electronic tools instead of old magazines to help patients make the most of their time waiting
- How Medicare handles flu shots, patient information
- CCA publication can help you market your practice
- Subspecialists lead revitalized market for residents
While cardiologists are leading in salaries, generalists are still in demand—in select parts of the country
- Guest Column
How giving to the ACP-ASIM Foundation can help your patients—and your finances
- How the College's home health guide is helping doctors by educating patients
- News Briefs
- Washington Perspective
Congress acts to restore BBA cuts: a good start, but more is needed
- Policy News
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Not an ACP Member?
Join today and discover the benefits waiting for you.
ACP offers different categories of membership depending on your career stage and professional status. View options, pricing and benefits.
A New Way to Ace the Boards!
Ensure you're board-exam ready with ACP's Board Prep Ace - a multifaceted, self-study program that prepares you to pass the ABIM Certification Exam in internal medicine. Learn more.