November 1999 issue:
- Uninsured population grew by nearly 1 million in 1998
- Hard times for medicine in the heartland
Drastic cutbacks are forcing rural providers to make tough choices
- The effort to build better CME
Why didactic lectures are out and interactive learning is in
- Is physician decision-making as ethical as we think?
A patient's accusation made this doctor re-examine whether he really takes the moral high ground
- News briefs
- How you can steer clear of a malpractice lawsuit
Experts say the keys are documentation and talking to patients when you make a mistake
- Online pharmacies step up efforts to reach your patients
As authorities go after 'outlaw' sites, other e-pharmacies are changing the doctor-patient relationship
- Should you outsource your practice's billing?
How to decide whether you need an outside billing company—and some tips for choosing the right one
- How Y2K is affecting Medicare claims, ICD-9 codes
- President's Column
Why we need a systems approach to prevent deadly medical errors
- College to House subcommittee: internists must do more about Y2K
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Getting through to legislators a slow but worthwhile process
- Policy news
- Nominees named for College officers, Regent positions
- Why the College Foundation needs your support
- ACP-ASIM's 1999-2000 Board of Regents and Board of Governors
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.