November 1999 issue:
- Uninsured population grew by nearly 1 million in 1998
- Hard times for medicine in the heartland
Drastic cutbacks are forcing rural providers to make tough choices
- The effort to build better CME
Why didactic lectures are out and interactive learning is in
- Is physician decision-making as ethical as we think?
A patient's accusation made this doctor re-examine whether he really takes the moral high ground
- News briefs
- How you can steer clear of a malpractice lawsuit
Experts say the keys are documentation and talking to patients when you make a mistake
- Online pharmacies step up efforts to reach your patients
As authorities go after 'outlaw' sites, other e-pharmacies are changing the doctor-patient relationship
- Should you outsource your practice's billing?
How to decide whether you need an outside billing company—and some tips for choosing the right one
- How Y2K is affecting Medicare claims, ICD-9 codes
- President's Column
Why we need a systems approach to prevent deadly medical errors
- College to House subcommittee: internists must do more about Y2K
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Getting through to legislators a slow but worthwhile process
- Policy news
- Nominees named for College officers, Regent positions
- Why the College Foundation needs your support
- ACP-ASIM's 1999-2000 Board of Regents and Board of Governors
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.