November 1999 issue:
- Uninsured population grew by nearly 1 million in 1998
- Hard times for medicine in the heartland
Drastic cutbacks are forcing rural providers to make tough choices
- The effort to build better CME
Why didactic lectures are out and interactive learning is in
- Is physician decision-making as ethical as we think?
A patient's accusation made this doctor re-examine whether he really takes the moral high ground
- News briefs
- How you can steer clear of a malpractice lawsuit
Experts say the keys are documentation and talking to patients when you make a mistake
- Online pharmacies step up efforts to reach your patients
As authorities go after 'outlaw' sites, other e-pharmacies are changing the doctor-patient relationship
- Should you outsource your practice's billing?
How to decide whether you need an outside billing company—and some tips for choosing the right one
- How Y2K is affecting Medicare claims, ICD-9 codes
- President's Column
Why we need a systems approach to prevent deadly medical errors
- College to House subcommittee: internists must do more about Y2K
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Getting through to legislators a slow but worthwhile process
- Policy news
- Nominees named for College officers, Regent positions
- Why the College Foundation needs your support
- ACP-ASIM's 1999-2000 Board of Regents and Board of Governors
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Superior MOC Solutions from ACP
Meet your requirements with our approved activities. See details.
Making the Most of Your ICD-10 Transition
To help you and your practice make a smooth and successful transition to ICD-10 coding, ACP and ICD-10 content developers have created multiple resources available at discounted rates for ACP members.