November 1999 issue:
- Uninsured population grew by nearly 1 million in 1998
- Hard times for medicine in the heartland
Drastic cutbacks are forcing rural providers to make tough choices
- The effort to build better CME
Why didactic lectures are out and interactive learning is in
- Is physician decision-making as ethical as we think?
A patient's accusation made this doctor re-examine whether he really takes the moral high ground
- News briefs
- How you can steer clear of a malpractice lawsuit
Experts say the keys are documentation and talking to patients when you make a mistake
- Online pharmacies step up efforts to reach your patients
As authorities go after 'outlaw' sites, other e-pharmacies are changing the doctor-patient relationship
- Should you outsource your practice's billing?
How to decide whether you need an outside billing company—and some tips for choosing the right one
- How Y2K is affecting Medicare claims, ICD-9 codes
- President's Column
Why we need a systems approach to prevent deadly medical errors
- College to House subcommittee: internists must do more about Y2K
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Getting through to legislators a slow but worthwhile process
- Policy news
- Nominees named for College officers, Regent positions
- Why the College Foundation needs your support
- ACP-ASIM's 1999-2000 Board of Regents and Board of Governors
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.