From the September 1999 issue:
- Does internal medicine need a PAC?
Debating the fight for 'face time' and the possible political fallout
- As the uninsured population grows, the health care safety net unravels
- When listening, not action, is the best medicine
- Caring for AIDS patients: not just medicine as usual
- Computer-based training and Y2K help from Medicare
- How to steer clear of a Medicare billing audit
Tips to help avoid coding and billing practices that can put you on the wrong side of the law
- Five last-minute strategies to head off Y2K woes
Time is running out, but there's still plenty you can do to get ready for the new millenium
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Why the College must speak up for the nation's uninsured
- College to spend nearly $1 million to make access a campaign issue
- Washington Perspective
New fraud statistics from OIG help separate fact from fiction
- Policy news
- New Fellows
- Obituary: Harrison J. Shull, MACP
View the ACP-ASIM Observer staff list
Send your Letters to the Editor to Edward Doyle, Executive Editor
To request the ACP-ASIM Observer subscription packet, contact ACP-ASIM Customer Service by phone at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or by e-mail. Please refer to product #011603, and allow two business days for a reply when e-mailing.
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!