From the September 1999 issue:
- Does internal medicine need a PAC?
Debating the fight for 'face time' and the possible political fallout
- As the uninsured population grows, the health care safety net unravels
- When listening, not action, is the best medicine
- Caring for AIDS patients: not just medicine as usual
- Computer-based training and Y2K help from Medicare
- How to steer clear of a Medicare billing audit
Tips to help avoid coding and billing practices that can put you on the wrong side of the law
- Five last-minute strategies to head off Y2K woes
Time is running out, but there's still plenty you can do to get ready for the new millenium
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Why the College must speak up for the nation's uninsured
- College to spend nearly $1 million to make access a campaign issue
- Washington Perspective
New fraud statistics from OIG help separate fact from fiction
- Policy news
- New Fellows
- Obituary: Harrison J. Shull, MACP
View the ACP-ASIM Observer staff list
Send your Letters to the Editor to Edward Doyle, Executive Editor
To request the ACP-ASIM Observer subscription packet, contact ACP-ASIM Customer Service by phone at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or by e-mail. Please refer to product #011603, and allow two business days for a reply when e-mailing.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Annals Virtual Patients Series 1-4 Available
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique online patient simulator that helps you learn while you earn CME Credit and MOC Points.
Start your journey now.
ACP keeps you on target to earn MOC Points
December 2015 is the deadline for most internists participating in ABIM MOC to earn some MOC points. Review our stimulating and rewarding options.