July/August 1999 Observer
- Community-based trials under scrutiny
Critics worry about conflicts of interest and quality of research
- Once the practice of last resort, prison medicine rebuilds its image
- Physician groups unite for universal coverage
- Why you need to start thinking about 'new genetics'
- News briefs
- A new way to meet your business needs: online services
- How to make sure your archived records are safe
Soggy or lost records not only jeopardize patient care—they can also lead to legal headaches
- How to bill for services performed when you're away
Medicare lets you bill for patient care performed by others—if you meet certain requirements
- Training in the 90's: solutions for new stresses
In addition to sleep deprivation and grueling workloads, housestaff today must cope with corporate shakeups
- Surviving the tug-of-war between career and family
Women physicians say that getting organized and learning to relax can help balance competing demands
- Write this down: ways to overcome burnout
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Two events, one voice: Leadership Day, OIG meeting showcase the 'new' College
- College working with coalition to develop outreach efforts
- College News
- Washington Perspective
A look at the College's top issues and where they stand in Congress
- Leadership Day
Internist's raise College profile at this year's Leadership Day
- Policy news
- A look at the work of three award-winning internists
- ACP-ASIM awards and new Masters
- ACP-ASIM announces winners of Student and Associate poster competition
View the ACP-ASIM Observer staff list
Send your Letters to the Editor to Edward Doyle, Executive Editor
To request the ACP-ASIM Observer subscription packet, contact ACP-ASIM Customer Service by phone at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or by e-mail. Please refer to product #011603, and allow two business days for a reply when e-mailing.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.