From the June 1999 issue:
- Safety, communication issues slowing internists' use of alternative medicine
- Negotiating a doctor-friendly contract
How to avoid unpleasant surprises before you sign on the dotted line
- Helping patients find their way to 'a good death'
With a little help from real-life patients, internists worked through some difficult end-of-life issues
- Rising premiums may open door to direct contracting
- Health literacy a hidden barrier for one-third of U.S. population
- Exploring the link between depression and suicide
- Tips for choosing and using the latest in handheld computers
- Evergreen Awards recognize chapter efforts
- A look at the paths four internists took to Fellowship
- How to detect trouble spots in contract negotiations
- News briefs
- How to use the government's new guidelines Web site
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
How innovation at Annual Session is helping build a better meeting
- Regents debate collective bargaining, confidentiality
- New College leaders to focus on post-merger strengths
- Washington Perspective
How ACP-ASIM plans to strengthen advocacy at state and chapter levels
- End-of-Life Care Panel publishes new papers
- Policy briefs
- ACP-ASIM's 1999-2000 Board of Regents and Board of Governors
- Candidates elected to ACP-ASIM Fellowship in January 1999
- Obituary: T. Reginald Harris, FACP
View the ACP-ASIM Observer staff list
Send your Letters to the Editor to Edward Doyle, Executive Editor
To request the ACP-ASIM Observer subscription packet, contact ACP-ASIM Customer Service by phone at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or by e-mail. Please refer to product #011603, and allow two business days for a reply when e-mailing.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.