From the June 1999 issue:
- Safety, communication issues slowing internists' use of alternative medicine
- Negotiating a doctor-friendly contract
How to avoid unpleasant surprises before you sign on the dotted line
- Helping patients find their way to 'a good death'
With a little help from real-life patients, internists worked through some difficult end-of-life issues
- Rising premiums may open door to direct contracting
- Health literacy a hidden barrier for one-third of U.S. population
- Exploring the link between depression and suicide
- Tips for choosing and using the latest in handheld computers
- Evergreen Awards recognize chapter efforts
- A look at the paths four internists took to Fellowship
- How to detect trouble spots in contract negotiations
- News briefs
- How to use the government's new guidelines Web site
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
How innovation at Annual Session is helping build a better meeting
- Regents debate collective bargaining, confidentiality
- New College leaders to focus on post-merger strengths
- Washington Perspective
How ACP-ASIM plans to strengthen advocacy at state and chapter levels
- End-of-Life Care Panel publishes new papers
- Policy briefs
- ACP-ASIM's 1999-2000 Board of Regents and Board of Governors
- Candidates elected to ACP-ASIM Fellowship in January 1999
- Obituary: T. Reginald Harris, FACP
View the ACP-ASIM Observer staff list
Send your Letters to the Editor to Edward Doyle, Executive Editor
To request the ACP-ASIM Observer subscription packet, contact ACP-ASIM Customer Service by phone at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or by e-mail. Please refer to product #011603, and allow two business days for a reply when e-mailing.
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.