From the March 1999 issue:
- Amid conflicting reports, decision on PAC delayed
- How direct-to-consumer advertising is putting the squeeze on physicians
- At risk: Medicare funding for GME
Why educators are nervous about a proposal to move GME funding
- Why too many are dying of AIDS at the altar of privacy
Instead of ceding to fears about confidentiality, public health should push for notification programs
- News briefs
- Will the Y2K bug force you to replace your computer?
Tips to determine how the year 2000 problem will affect your practice's ability to conduct business
- Consult billing, DME fraud and the year 2000 issues
- Practice briefs
- Medical textbooks are making their way to the Web
Electronic textbooks offer up-to-the-minute information, but is that what physicians really need?
- Electronic books you can read on the train—or the couch
- Tips on talking to patients about advance directives
Getting beyond simplistic statements like 'no machines' can dramatically improve end-of-life planning
- OIG says it is not gunning for doctors
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Competition in health care: a look at what went wrong
- Regents approve new policies on angina, Medicare, access
- ACP-ASIM News
- Washington Perspective
What should internists expect from the 106th Congress?
- College unveils new plan to care for the uninsured
- State court rules patients can sue their health plans
- ACP-ASIM supports proposal to recoup tobacco-related costs
- Bylaws changes to be voted on at 1999 Annual Session
- Obituaries: Thomas L. Carr, MACP and Chester Cassel, FACP
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!