From the February 1999 issue:
- HCFA to risk-adjust pay for Medicare HMOs
- Tough times as Medicare HMOs fold
Physicians, patients weigh their options as the market shakes out
- As costs rise, doctors fighting back
- Will woes of new management companies hurt hospitalists?
- How to bill for consults, analyze use of E/M codes
- Navigating IRS deductions: a tax guide for residents
New—and old—rules may save you money, but only if you understand all of the ins and outs
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Defined contribution programs and their effects on Medicare
- HCFA official and top educators at New Orleans Annual Session
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
The 'secret' world of advocacy: It's not Hollywood, but it works
- College files amicus brief over practice expenses
The College opposes a lawsuit attacking HCFA's reimbursement of physician expenses
- ACP-ASIM raises concerns about new claims review activities
- Proposed PRO 'bounty system' could hurt PRO-doctor relationship
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.