From the February 1999 issue:
- HCFA to risk-adjust pay for Medicare HMOs
- Tough times as Medicare HMOs fold
Physicians, patients weigh their options as the market shakes out
- As costs rise, doctors fighting back
- Will woes of new management companies hurt hospitalists?
- How to bill for consults, analyze use of E/M codes
- Navigating IRS deductions: a tax guide for residents
New—and old—rules may save you money, but only if you understand all of the ins and outs
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Defined contribution programs and their effects on Medicare
- HCFA official and top educators at New Orleans Annual Session
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
The 'secret' world of advocacy: It's not Hollywood, but it works
- College files amicus brief over practice expenses
The College opposes a lawsuit attacking HCFA's reimbursement of physician expenses
- ACP-ASIM raises concerns about new claims review activities
- Proposed PRO 'bounty system' could hurt PRO-doctor relationship
Internist Archives Quick Links
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.