From the February 1999 issue:
- HCFA to risk-adjust pay for Medicare HMOs
- Tough times as Medicare HMOs fold
Physicians, patients weigh their options as the market shakes out
- As costs rise, doctors fighting back
- Will woes of new management companies hurt hospitalists?
- How to bill for consults, analyze use of E/M codes
- Navigating IRS deductions: a tax guide for residents
New—and old—rules may save you money, but only if you understand all of the ins and outs
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Defined contribution programs and their effects on Medicare
- HCFA official and top educators at New Orleans Annual Session
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
The 'secret' world of advocacy: It's not Hollywood, but it works
- College files amicus brief over practice expenses
The College opposes a lawsuit attacking HCFA's reimbursement of physician expenses
- ACP-ASIM raises concerns about new claims review activities
- Proposed PRO 'bounty system' could hurt PRO-doctor relationship
Internist Archives Quick Links
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals—FREE to ACP Members!
ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.