From the January 1999 issue:
- Doctors to get 2.3% more in 1999 Medicare payments
- New data bank casts wider net
How the fraud busters threaten to turn up the heat on physicians
- Ethics case study
Should doctors treat their relatives?
- Advancing the patient protection debate
- 1999 CPT codes feature new E/M guidelines, modifiers
- What to do when insurers and patients just won't pay
Some minor adjustments in your collection procedures can change how fast—and how much—you get paid
- Need a consult? Be sure to ask the right questions
- News briefs
- Start here for medical computing tips and resources
- When doctors go retail: Is it OK to sell products?
It's not just about income, some say, but about helping patients navigate through the 'gimmicky stuff'
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.