From the January 1999 issue:
- Doctors to get 2.3% more in 1999 Medicare payments
- New data bank casts wider net
How the fraud busters threaten to turn up the heat on physicians
- Ethics case study
Should doctors treat their relatives?
- Advancing the patient protection debate
- 1999 CPT codes feature new E/M guidelines, modifiers
- What to do when insurers and patients just won't pay
Some minor adjustments in your collection procedures can change how fast—and how much—you get paid
- Need a consult? Be sure to ask the right questions
- News briefs
- Start here for medical computing tips and resources
- When doctors go retail: Is it OK to sell products?
It's not just about income, some say, but about helping patients navigate through the 'gimmicky stuff'
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Superior MOC Solutions from ACP
Meet your requirements with our approved activities. See details.
Making the Most of Your ICD-10 Transition
To help you and your practice make a smooth and successful transition to ICD-10 coding, ACP and ICD-10 content developers have created multiple resources available at discounted rates for ACP members.