From the January 1999 issue:
- Doctors to get 2.3% more in 1999 Medicare payments
- New data bank casts wider net
How the fraud busters threaten to turn up the heat on physicians
- Ethics case study
Should doctors treat their relatives?
- Advancing the patient protection debate
- 1999 CPT codes feature new E/M guidelines, modifiers
- What to do when insurers and patients just won't pay
Some minor adjustments in your collection procedures can change how fast—and how much—you get paid
- Need a consult? Be sure to ask the right questions
- News briefs
- Start here for medical computing tips and resources
- When doctors go retail: Is it OK to sell products?
It's not just about income, some say, but about helping patients navigate through the 'gimmicky stuff'
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.