From the January 1999 issue:
- Doctors to get 2.3% more in 1999 Medicare payments
- New data bank casts wider net
How the fraud busters threaten to turn up the heat on physicians
- Ethics case study
Should doctors treat their relatives?
- Advancing the patient protection debate
- 1999 CPT codes feature new E/M guidelines, modifiers
- What to do when insurers and patients just won't pay
Some minor adjustments in your collection procedures can change how fast—and how much—you get paid
- Need a consult? Be sure to ask the right questions
- News briefs
- Start here for medical computing tips and resources
- When doctors go retail: Is it OK to sell products?
It's not just about income, some say, but about helping patients navigate through the 'gimmicky stuff'
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
Not an ACP Member?
Join today and discover the benefits waiting for you.
ACP offers different categories of membership depending on your career stage and professional status. View options, pricing and benefits.
A New Way to Ace the Boards!
Ensure you're board-exam ready with ACP's Board Prep Ace - a multifaceted, self-study program that prepares you to pass the ABIM Certification Exam in internal medicine. Learn more.