From the January 1999 issue:
- Doctors to get 2.3% more in 1999 Medicare payments
- New data bank casts wider net
How the fraud busters threaten to turn up the heat on physicians
- Ethics case study
Should doctors treat their relatives?
- Advancing the patient protection debate
- 1999 CPT codes feature new E/M guidelines, modifiers
- What to do when insurers and patients just won't pay
Some minor adjustments in your collection procedures can change how fast—and how much—you get paid
- Need a consult? Be sure to ask the right questions
- News briefs
- Start here for medical computing tips and resources
- When doctors go retail: Is it OK to sell products?
It's not just about income, some say, but about helping patients navigate through the 'gimmicky stuff'
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.