From the December 1998 issue:
- Regents approve new ACP-ASIM ethics center
- Corporate medicine's huge losses produce doctor layoffs, chaos
- Is the primary care market shrinking?
As some struggle to find work, there is talk about an oversupply
- The death of the stethoscope: murmurs of discontent
Technology-creep is to blame for mediocre physical diagnosis skills, says one gastroenterologist
- Changing physician pay can boost autonomy
Experts say 'gainsharing' and other strategies get physicians more involved in how care is managed
- When the patient wants to see you—via the phone
How to get past your doubts to make telephone medicine work for you and your patients
- Are you ready to hang you shingle on the Web?
It's easy to put a practice online, but there are concerns about what information to post on the Web
- Chapter meetings
- 9.5 million references and growing
New tools to help you keep up with medical literature
- What you should know about new ICD-9-CM codes
- CME Bulletin Board
- Allegheny's failure sends shock waves through academia
- President's Column
Preventing pain in the dying: our role in a sacred trust
- College Regents address PACs, other resolutions at fall meeting
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Lawsuit threatens to wreak havoc over pay for practice expenses
- States tackle health care issues through election initiatives
Voters say no to physician-assisted-suicide in Michigan, approve medical uses of marijuana in five states
- Elections for College officers, Regents to be held in January
Internist Archives Quick Links
MKSAP 16® Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16 to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MKPROMO! Order now.
Maintenance of Certification:
What if I Still Don't Know Where to Start?
Because the rules are complex and may apply differently depending on when you last certified, ACP has developed a MOC Navigator. This FREE tool can help you understand the impact of MOC, review requirements, guide you in selecting ways to meet the requirements, show you how to enroll, and more. Start navigating now.