From the December 1998 issue:
- Regents approve new ACP-ASIM ethics center
- Corporate medicine's huge losses produce doctor layoffs, chaos
- Is the primary care market shrinking?
As some struggle to find work, there is talk about an oversupply
- The death of the stethoscope: murmurs of discontent
Technology-creep is to blame for mediocre physical diagnosis skills, says one gastroenterologist
- Changing physician pay can boost autonomy
Experts say 'gainsharing' and other strategies get physicians more involved in how care is managed
- When the patient wants to see you—via the phone
How to get past your doubts to make telephone medicine work for you and your patients
- Are you ready to hang you shingle on the Web?
It's easy to put a practice online, but there are concerns about what information to post on the Web
- Chapter meetings
- 9.5 million references and growing
New tools to help you keep up with medical literature
- What you should know about new ICD-9-CM codes
- CME Bulletin Board
- Allegheny's failure sends shock waves through academia
- President's Column
Preventing pain in the dying: our role in a sacred trust
- College Regents address PACs, other resolutions at fall meeting
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Lawsuit threatens to wreak havoc over pay for practice expenses
- States tackle health care issues through election initiatives
Voters say no to physician-assisted-suicide in Michigan, approve medical uses of marijuana in five states
- Elections for College officers, Regents to be held in January
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.