From the December 1998 issue:
- Regents approve new ACP-ASIM ethics center
- Corporate medicine's huge losses produce doctor layoffs, chaos
- Is the primary care market shrinking?
As some struggle to find work, there is talk about an oversupply
- The death of the stethoscope: murmurs of discontent
Technology-creep is to blame for mediocre physical diagnosis skills, says one gastroenterologist
- Changing physician pay can boost autonomy
Experts say 'gainsharing' and other strategies get physicians more involved in how care is managed
- When the patient wants to see you—via the phone
How to get past your doubts to make telephone medicine work for you and your patients
- Are you ready to hang you shingle on the Web?
It's easy to put a practice online, but there are concerns about what information to post on the Web
- Chapter meetings
- 9.5 million references and growing
New tools to help you keep up with medical literature
- What you should know about new ICD-9-CM codes
- CME Bulletin Board
- Allegheny's failure sends shock waves through academia
- President's Column
Preventing pain in the dying: our role in a sacred trust
- College Regents address PACs, other resolutions at fall meeting
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Lawsuit threatens to wreak havoc over pay for practice expenses
- States tackle health care issues through election initiatives
Voters say no to physician-assisted-suicide in Michigan, approve medical uses of marijuana in five states
- Elections for College officers, Regents to be held in January
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!