As the official publication of the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine,
ACP-ASIM Observer reports practical and pertinent clinical and nonclinical news. Honored for both its editorial content and graphics, ACP-ASIM Observer keeps readers informed on economic, social, and ethical trends and developments that affect practice.
ACP-ASIM Observer is published eleven times a year and is copyrighted © 1998 by the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine.
From the November 1998 issue:
- Senate withdraws bill targeting physicians
- Physician pay remains stagnant
Despite some gains, inflation and workforce issues are eroding income
- Guidelines from malpractice insurers?
New protocols designed to counter lawsuits from 'errors in diagnosis'
- Consumer ads skewing doctor-patient relationship
- How mentors can enhance your training and career
Residents say that mentors can improve confidence and lead to job opportunities they had not considered
- Physician's role in helping patients navigate the Web
How to handle information patients get from the Internet—and questions about where to look for more
- Pointers on how to divide income among physicians
From 'eat-what-you-kill' plans to incentives for attending meetings, groups are creating new ways to pay
- Obituaries: Edward W. Hook, Jr., MACP, and Leroy E. Burney, FACP
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
New data support an old adage: Remember to take your vitamins
- Governors debate PAC, at first post-merger meeting
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
The 'do-nothing' 105th Congress and its record on health care
- HCFA promises to deliver simplified E/M guidelines
Still at issue: whether numerical formulas are necessary to verify physician compliance
- College concerned about new method to calculate expenses
Will HCFA's 'top-down' approach lock in inequities in physician pay?
- Policy Briefs
- Nominees named for College officers, Regent positions
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Digital Presentations
Choose from over 170 recorded Scientific Program Sessions and Pre-Courses. Available in a variety of packages and formats so you can choose the combination that works best for you.