As the official publication of the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine,
ACP-ASIM Observer reports practical and pertinent clinical and nonclinical news. Honored for both its editorial content and graphics, ACP-ASIM Observer keeps readers informed on economic, social, and ethical trends and developments that affect practice.
ACP-ASIM Observer is published eleven times a year and is copyrighted © 1998 by the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine.
From the November 1998 issue:
- Senate withdraws bill targeting physicians
- Physician pay remains stagnant
Despite some gains, inflation and workforce issues are eroding income
- Guidelines from malpractice insurers?
New protocols designed to counter lawsuits from 'errors in diagnosis'
- Consumer ads skewing doctor-patient relationship
- How mentors can enhance your training and career
Residents say that mentors can improve confidence and lead to job opportunities they had not considered
- Physician's role in helping patients navigate the Web
How to handle information patients get from the Internet—and questions about where to look for more
- Pointers on how to divide income among physicians
From 'eat-what-you-kill' plans to incentives for attending meetings, groups are creating new ways to pay
- Obituaries: Edward W. Hook, Jr., MACP, and Leroy E. Burney, FACP
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
New data support an old adage: Remember to take your vitamins
- Governors debate PAC, at first post-merger meeting
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
The 'do-nothing' 105th Congress and its record on health care
- HCFA promises to deliver simplified E/M guidelines
Still at issue: whether numerical formulas are necessary to verify physician compliance
- College concerned about new method to calculate expenses
Will HCFA's 'top-down' approach lock in inequities in physician pay?
- Policy Briefs
- Nominees named for College officers, Regent positions
Internist Archives Quick Links
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.