From the September 1998 issue:
- College fights new Medicare fees
- The patient protection debate heats up
How Congress, states and even health plans are getting involved
- How to keep electronic records private
New laws and high-tech solutions might work, but what's the downside?
- How we can help Russian physicians help themselves
A new College effort will teach doctors how to treat chronic diseases that plague their country
- For some students, medical school just isn't enough
A growing number are getting degrees like PhDs, MBAs and MPHs to learn—and earn—more
- Residents look to combined programs for the best of two worlds
- Learning to work with nurses as partners in care
Nurses can help improve patient care and navigate hospital wards—if residents let them
- Is the time right for speech recognition software
Despite recent breakthroughs, experts warn the technology still requires a lot of physician time
- 10 tips to make marketing work for your practice
- Obituaries: Beverly C. Payne, MACP and Oscar Edwards, FACP
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Attacking physician-assisted suicide at the expense of patient care
- In second year, education campaign targets overweight baby boomers
- News briefs
- Washington Perspective
Access to care: the missing right in the patient protection debate
- ACP-ASIM fears bill will harm end-of-life care
- Policy Briefs
- Candidates elected to ACP-ASIM Fellowship in July 1998
- December 1 deadline for Fellowship proposals
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.