From the May 1998 issue:
- ACP, other groups ask AMA to get out of credentialing
- Talking about end-of-life issues
- Postmerger unity already setting in
The ACP-ASIM merger takes place July 1, but joint efforts have begun
- In the Match, internal medicine leads primary care
- New ACP paper: private contracting threatens Medicare
- Governors pass seven resolutions
- Physicians can resubmit claims for urinalysis tests
- News briefs
- Is your practice prepared for the millennium bug?
If the year 2000 computer problem seems like a lot of hype, consider the possible consequences
- Internet use, privacy worries top new survey
- Helping impaired physicians get back into practice
How one successful Tennessee program helps its doctors overcome addictions and psychiatric disorders
- Chapter meetings
- Obituary: Charley J. Smyth, MACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
- The dilemma of internists: caught in a box with technology
- Fellowship proposals due in June
- New ACP leaders to focus on postmerger unity, E/M guidelines
- ACP honors physicians, organizations for service
Annual Session News
- Can the hospitalist movement live up to its potential?
- For internists, lessons learned on coping with managed care
- Tips for detecting and preventing violent behavior in teens
- How to discern drug-seekers from patients really in pain
- ACP gives Evergreen Awards to outstanding chapters
- New ACP Masters
Internist Archives Quick Links
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.