From the May 1998 issue:
- ACP, other groups ask AMA to get out of credentialing
- Talking about end-of-life issues
- Postmerger unity already setting in
The ACP-ASIM merger takes place July 1, but joint efforts have begun
- In the Match, internal medicine leads primary care
- New ACP paper: private contracting threatens Medicare
- Governors pass seven resolutions
- Physicians can resubmit claims for urinalysis tests
- News briefs
- Is your practice prepared for the millennium bug?
If the year 2000 computer problem seems like a lot of hype, consider the possible consequences
- Internet use, privacy worries top new survey
- Helping impaired physicians get back into practice
How one successful Tennessee program helps its doctors overcome addictions and psychiatric disorders
- Chapter meetings
- Obituary: Charley J. Smyth, MACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
- The dilemma of internists: caught in a box with technology
- Fellowship proposals due in June
- New ACP leaders to focus on postmerger unity, E/M guidelines
- ACP honors physicians, organizations for service
Annual Session News
- Can the hospitalist movement live up to its potential?
- For internists, lessons learned on coping with managed care
- Tips for detecting and preventing violent behavior in teens
- How to discern drug-seekers from patients really in pain
- ACP gives Evergreen Awards to outstanding chapters
- New ACP Masters
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!