From the May 1998 issue:
- ACP, other groups ask AMA to get out of credentialing
- Talking about end-of-life issues
- Postmerger unity already setting in
The ACP-ASIM merger takes place July 1, but joint efforts have begun
- In the Match, internal medicine leads primary care
- New ACP paper: private contracting threatens Medicare
- Governors pass seven resolutions
- Physicians can resubmit claims for urinalysis tests
- News briefs
- Is your practice prepared for the millennium bug?
If the year 2000 computer problem seems like a lot of hype, consider the possible consequences
- Internet use, privacy worries top new survey
- Helping impaired physicians get back into practice
How one successful Tennessee program helps its doctors overcome addictions and psychiatric disorders
- Chapter meetings
- Obituary: Charley J. Smyth, MACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
- The dilemma of internists: caught in a box with technology
- Fellowship proposals due in June
- New ACP leaders to focus on postmerger unity, E/M guidelines
- ACP honors physicians, organizations for service
Annual Session News
- Can the hospitalist movement live up to its potential?
- For internists, lessons learned on coping with managed care
- Tips for detecting and preventing violent behavior in teens
- How to discern drug-seekers from patients really in pain
- ACP gives Evergreen Awards to outstanding chapters
- New ACP Masters
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.