From the April 1998 issue:
- Pre-Annual Session votes finalize ACP-ASIM merger
- Capitalism 101
Physicians' new clout with investors
- What's wrong with new E/M rules?
Some fear that the guidelines will be used to unfairly punish doctors
- In tobacco legislation, liability still key sticking point
- Hippocrates beware: NPs eroding practice of medicine
- News briefs
- How benefits can outweigh costs of electronic records
- What you need to understand about global capitation
Accepting risk for all patient care may seem like a good idea, but don't underestimate the pitfalls
- Trying to provide care that's different, not second class
A conversation with Helen Smits, MACP, about the challenges of heading up a Medicaid HMO
- Chapter meetings
- Obituaries: Irving S. Wright, MACP, Robert B. Kerr, MACP, and J. David Bristow, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
- Controversy in the office: dealing with close calls
- ACP raises concerns about private contracting in Senate testimony
- News briefs
- Candidiates elected to Fellowship in ACP, January 1998
Internist Archives Quick Links
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.