From the April 1998 issue:
- Pre-Annual Session votes finalize ACP-ASIM merger
- Capitalism 101
Physicians' new clout with investors
- What's wrong with new E/M rules?
Some fear that the guidelines will be used to unfairly punish doctors
- In tobacco legislation, liability still key sticking point
- Hippocrates beware: NPs eroding practice of medicine
- News briefs
- How benefits can outweigh costs of electronic records
- What you need to understand about global capitation
Accepting risk for all patient care may seem like a good idea, but don't underestimate the pitfalls
- Trying to provide care that's different, not second class
A conversation with Helen Smits, MACP, about the challenges of heading up a Medicaid HMO
- Chapter meetings
- Obituaries: Irving S. Wright, MACP, Robert B. Kerr, MACP, and J. David Bristow, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
- Controversy in the office: dealing with close calls
- ACP raises concerns about private contracting in Senate testimony
- News briefs
- Candidiates elected to Fellowship in ACP, January 1998
Internist Archives Quick Links
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.