From the April 1998 issue:
- Pre-Annual Session votes finalize ACP-ASIM merger
- Capitalism 101
Physicians' new clout with investors
- What's wrong with new E/M rules?
Some fear that the guidelines will be used to unfairly punish doctors
- In tobacco legislation, liability still key sticking point
- Hippocrates beware: NPs eroding practice of medicine
- News briefs
- How benefits can outweigh costs of electronic records
- What you need to understand about global capitation
Accepting risk for all patient care may seem like a good idea, but don't underestimate the pitfalls
- Trying to provide care that's different, not second class
A conversation with Helen Smits, MACP, about the challenges of heading up a Medicaid HMO
- Chapter meetings
- Obituaries: Irving S. Wright, MACP, Robert B. Kerr, MACP, and J. David Bristow, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
- Controversy in the office: dealing with close calls
- ACP raises concerns about private contracting in Senate testimony
- News briefs
- Candidiates elected to Fellowship in ACP, January 1998
Internist Archives Quick Links
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals—FREE to ACP Members!
ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.