From the March 1998 issue:
- What is internal medicine's future?
- Building—and rebuilding—a physician group for the future
- Are you ready for the new physician credentialing?
How new quality measures—not just the diplomas on your wall—will affect how you practice Expand it, shrink it, change it
- Training internists for success in the next century
- Subspecialists get boost from UCLA program
- A look at physician satisfaction in a time of change
- In N.M., one plan struggles to sell the 'hoopla' of disease management
- Despite managed care, internists are satisfied
- The ethical dilemma of genetic testing
The 'breast cancer' gene and the physician's role: an ethics case study
- How the new Stark II regulations will affect doctor pay
- Fraud and abuse case study: Are this practice's investment options legal?
- ACP's new approach to boosting access to health care
A College position paper calls for subsidized coverage and temporary assistance for those between jobs
- Task force addresses local issues for imminent ACP-ASIM merger
- Getting past the problems of patient referrals
Culprits include generalists who don't send test results and consultants who never return patients
- When shopping for a computer, how much is enough?
Here's how to decide if you need the latest technology, or just enough power and speed to get by
- Three government Web sites a boon for patient care
- Amid flat stipends, resident pay an issue for some
- Questions about student loans? Just ask.
- World-class zoo, other 'must' sites to see in San Diego
- Fresh fish, produce shape the San Diego dining scene
- President's Column
- Advance medical directives: Have you done enough for your patients?
- New ACP book: stories from one internist's practice
- ACP on firearm injury prevention: counseling, legislation needed
Also in this issue
Internist Archives Quick Links
Annals Virtual Patients Series 1-4 Available
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique online patient simulator that helps you learn while you earn CME Credit and MOC Points.
Start your journey now.
ACP keeps you on target to earn MOC Points
December 2015 is the deadline for most internists participating in ABIM MOC to earn some MOC points. Review our stimulating and rewarding options.