From the March 1998 issue:
- What is internal medicine's future?
- Building—and rebuilding—a physician group for the future
- Are you ready for the new physician credentialing?
How new quality measures—not just the diplomas on your wall—will affect how you practice Expand it, shrink it, change it
- Training internists for success in the next century
- Subspecialists get boost from UCLA program
- A look at physician satisfaction in a time of change
- In N.M., one plan struggles to sell the 'hoopla' of disease management
- Despite managed care, internists are satisfied
- The ethical dilemma of genetic testing
The 'breast cancer' gene and the physician's role: an ethics case study
- How the new Stark II regulations will affect doctor pay
- Fraud and abuse case study: Are this practice's investment options legal?
- ACP's new approach to boosting access to health care
A College position paper calls for subsidized coverage and temporary assistance for those between jobs
- Task force addresses local issues for imminent ACP-ASIM merger
- Getting past the problems of patient referrals
Culprits include generalists who don't send test results and consultants who never return patients
- When shopping for a computer, how much is enough?
Here's how to decide if you need the latest technology, or just enough power and speed to get by
- Three government Web sites a boon for patient care
- Amid flat stipends, resident pay an issue for some
- Questions about student loans? Just ask.
- World-class zoo, other 'must' sites to see in San Diego
- Fresh fish, produce shape the San Diego dining scene
- President's Column
- Advance medical directives: Have you done enough for your patients?
- New ACP book: stories from one internist's practice
- ACP on firearm injury prevention: counseling, legislation needed
Also in this issue
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!