From the February 1998 issue:
- ACP will work to modify 'punitive' E/M guidelines
- Doctors caught in prevention squeeze
Health plans want more prevention but offer little in the way of pay
- In trying to build the better internist, the key for one program is change
- Are hospitalists a threat to the identity of internists?
If internists don't see patients in the hospital, what will distinguish them from other specialties?
- New ACP-ASIM Governors named
- A look at ACP's policy agenda for the year ahead
- When it's OK to bill Medicare patients
- Policy news
- Practice briefs
- Tips for detecting—and treating—domestic abuse
By asking the right questions and using some simple strategies, residents can do a better job
- The hype—and concerns—about CME on the Internet
This 'match made in heaven' is convenient, but some worry that commercial interests will bring bias
- Guest Column
In the debate over work force, IMGs remain a difficult issue
- News briefs
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals—FREE to ACP Members!
ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.