From the February 1998 issue:
- ACP will work to modify 'punitive' E/M guidelines
- Doctors caught in prevention squeeze
Health plans want more prevention but offer little in the way of pay
- In trying to build the better internist, the key for one program is change
- Are hospitalists a threat to the identity of internists?
If internists don't see patients in the hospital, what will distinguish them from other specialties?
- New ACP-ASIM Governors named
- A look at ACP's policy agenda for the year ahead
- When it's OK to bill Medicare patients
- Policy news
- Practice briefs
- Tips for detecting—and treating—domestic abuse
By asking the right questions and using some simple strategies, residents can do a better job
- The hype—and concerns—about CME on the Internet
This 'match made in heaven' is convenient, but some worry that commercial interests will bring bias
- Guest Column
In the debate over work force, IMGs remain a difficult issue
- News briefs
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
Not an ACP Member?
Join today and discover the benefits waiting for you.
ACP offers different categories of membership depending on your career stage and professional status. View options, pricing and benefits.
A New Way to Ace the Boards!
Ensure you're board-exam ready with ACP's Board Prep Ace - a multifaceted, self-study program that prepares you to pass the ABIM Certification Exam in internal medicine. Learn more.