From the February 1998 issue:
- ACP will work to modify 'punitive' E/M guidelines
- Doctors caught in prevention squeeze
Health plans want more prevention but offer little in the way of pay
- In trying to build the better internist, the key for one program is change
- Are hospitalists a threat to the identity of internists?
If internists don't see patients in the hospital, what will distinguish them from other specialties?
- New ACP-ASIM Governors named
- A look at ACP's policy agenda for the year ahead
- When it's OK to bill Medicare patients
- Policy news
- Practice briefs
- Tips for detecting—and treating—domestic abuse
By asking the right questions and using some simple strategies, residents can do a better job
- The hype—and concerns—about CME on the Internet
This 'match made in heaven' is convenient, but some worry that commercial interests will bring bias
- Guest Column
In the debate over work force, IMGs remain a difficult issue
- News briefs
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.