From the January 1998 issue:
- New HCFA guidelines delayed for six months
- Too much independence for NPs?
At one N.Y. clinic, HMOs are treating—and paying—nurses like doctors
- The backlash against affirmative action
With minority admissions falling, educators consider new options Case study
- How hospital perks can violate fraud and abuse laws
- ACP news
- The new health care bill of rights: making it stick
Doe we need Congress to pass a law to enforce new consumer protections—and who should pay?
- AMA highlights: Sunbeam blunder, internists' joint efforts
- 'Uncertain future' for new Medicare commission?
- Tips for finding and keeping a good recpetionist
A competitive wage—and an occasional 'please'— can help retain good fromt-line employees
- How to increase your referrals—and your revenue
- Hospitalists a growing alternative to office practice
For internists looking for nontraditional career paths, inpatient-only medicine is one of several choices
- Is 1998 the year for doctors to plunge into computing?
- Tips for making the most of electronic curbside consults
- President's Column
When a vacation isn't enough, consider taking a sabbatical
- Focus on...
ACP's new financial services package helps members plan better for the future
- News briefs
- Obituary: Robert A. Nordyke, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.