From the January 1998 issue:
- New HCFA guidelines delayed for six months
- Too much independence for NPs?
At one N.Y. clinic, HMOs are treating—and paying—nurses like doctors
- The backlash against affirmative action
With minority admissions falling, educators consider new options Case study
- How hospital perks can violate fraud and abuse laws
- ACP news
- The new health care bill of rights: making it stick
Doe we need Congress to pass a law to enforce new consumer protections—and who should pay?
- AMA highlights: Sunbeam blunder, internists' joint efforts
- 'Uncertain future' for new Medicare commission?
- Tips for finding and keeping a good recpetionist
A competitive wage—and an occasional 'please'— can help retain good fromt-line employees
- How to increase your referrals—and your revenue
- Hospitalists a growing alternative to office practice
For internists looking for nontraditional career paths, inpatient-only medicine is one of several choices
- Is 1998 the year for doctors to plunge into computing?
- Tips for making the most of electronic curbside consults
- President's Column
When a vacation isn't enough, consider taking a sabbatical
- Focus on...
ACP's new financial services package helps members plan better for the future
- News briefs
- Obituary: Robert A. Nordyke, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.