From the January 1998 issue:
- New HCFA guidelines delayed for six months
- Too much independence for NPs?
At one N.Y. clinic, HMOs are treating—and paying—nurses like doctors
- The backlash against affirmative action
With minority admissions falling, educators consider new options Case study
- How hospital perks can violate fraud and abuse laws
- ACP news
- The new health care bill of rights: making it stick
Doe we need Congress to pass a law to enforce new consumer protections—and who should pay?
- AMA highlights: Sunbeam blunder, internists' joint efforts
- 'Uncertain future' for new Medicare commission?
- Tips for finding and keeping a good recpetionist
A competitive wage—and an occasional 'please'— can help retain good fromt-line employees
- How to increase your referrals—and your revenue
- Hospitalists a growing alternative to office practice
For internists looking for nontraditional career paths, inpatient-only medicine is one of several choices
- Is 1998 the year for doctors to plunge into computing?
- Tips for making the most of electronic curbside consults
- President's Column
When a vacation isn't enough, consider taking a sabbatical
- Focus on...
ACP's new financial services package helps members plan better for the future
- News briefs
- Obituary: Robert A. Nordyke, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
Superior MOC Solutions from ACP
Meet your requirements with our approved activities. See details.
Making the Most of Your ICD-10 Transition
To help you and your practice make a smooth and successful transition to ICD-10 coding, ACP and ICD-10 content developers have created multiple resources available at discounted rates for ACP members.