From the December 1997 issue:
- ACP creates foundation to fund research projects
- Coming soon: off-label marketing
Changes at FDA mean faster new drug approvals—and more promotion
- Universal access revisited
Limited reforms revive insurance debate
- ABIM's plans to keep certification—and itself—relevant
Faced with competition in measuring physicians, the Board is making landmark changes
- New task force to guide ACP-ASIM merger at local level
- Other initiatives fail in Washington
Oregon voters reaffirm physician assisted suicide law
- Policy briefs
- New Ethics Manual expands focus on managed care, other issues
- On a resort island, volunteerism makes a difference
Retired physicians in Hilton Head, S.C., give their time to help residents with little or no insurance
- What did you say? Tips for talking more clearly to patients
- Interested in Annual Session updates? Try the Web
- Clinical computing news
- Using the new E/M documentation guidelines, Part II
This month: documenting the physical exam and complexity of medical decision-making
- FDA news
- President's Column
Clinician observations—a vital but undervalued part of medicine
- Focus on...
Pre-Annual Session course offers help with managed care
- News briefs
- Procedures for addressing ethical complaints against ACP members
- The College honors excellence with Laureate Awards
- Obituary: Simon Beker, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
Sign-up for Physician & Practice Timeline® text alerts and never miss another regulatory deadline!
Triggered text alerts aimed at keeping you on top of upcoming deadlines and details related to regulatory, payment, and delivery system requirements are available FREE of charge!
See sign-up instructions.
Pre-order MKSAP17 Complete and Save 15%!
Enter priority code PR58 when ordering. Limited time only. Order now.