From the November 1997 issue:
- Education, ASIM merger among chapter resolutions
- Osteopathic medicine's growing pains
A boom in numbers is leading to criticism—and an identity crisis
- ACP's 1997-98 Board of Regents and Board of Governors
- Nominees named for College officers, Regent positions
- Fall votes move ACP-ASIM talks ahead
- Specialists, not generalists, taking home more pay
- ACP Takes stand on implementing children's health
- Take Two: Dr. Satcher on tap as nation's next surgeon general
- Washington briefs
- How teaching students affected me—and my patients
- Under new chief, AHCPR finds life after guidelines
The agency shifts from creating clinical protocols to sponsoring evidence-based outcomes research
- Medical malpractice reform: finding a better way
New research shows no fault, arbitration and mediation each holds promise—and pitfalls
- Doctors are the main barrier to computerizing records
- News briefs
- Learning to communicate with all your patients
Hiring interpreters—and other tips—to work with patients who are deaf or don't speak English
- Practice briefs
- How to use the E/M documentation guidelines
Part I: A step-by-step description of how to comply with HCFA's history-taking requirements
- Trying to improve your clinical presentations?
Here are some tips for writing better papers—and for avoiding the seven deadly sins of speaking
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!