From the October 1997 issue:
- ACP to publish journal for health systems practice
- Prescribing under pressure
In bid to control costs, HMOs using closed formularies—and more
- A turning point for mammography?
Data focus the debate on benefits—and risks—for women in their 40s
- Is there an ethical doctor in the house?
Let's talk about everyday moral dilemmas in practice—not just dramatic headline-grabbing issues
- Budget bill moves Medicare toward privatization
More choices in managed plans mean more flexibility—and risks—for seniors and internists
- Medicare reforms reflect ACP goals, but fall short of major change
- Practice briefs
- How to navigate the Net for clinical information
Lost in cyberspace? Try these tips to quickly find exactly what you are looking for on the Internet
- Pointers for making the most of your Medline searches
- Guest Column
Rejuvenate yourself by attending an ACP chapter meeting
- MKSAP 11 expands coverage of practical primary care
- CollegeWatch: News briefs
- CME Bulletin Board
- Chapter meetings
Internist Archives Quick Links
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.