From the September 1997 issue:
- The new federal budget: what it means for internists
- Turning point for medicine on the Net?
FDA decision on Internet drug ads may boost medical Web sites
- One voice for internal medicine?
ACP, ASIM pursue merger negotiations
- New budget brings mixed news to internists, health care
- ACP amendment spurs case management study
- Audit finds Medicare plagued by $23 billion in improper payments
- HHS eases audits of physician pay at teaching hospitals
- How to provide home care without losing your shirt
Possible hikes in reimbursement may take some of the frustration out of caring for homebound patients
- CME Bulletin Board
- New HCFA project means fewer slots, more pressure
Financial incentives in New York aim to reduce resident numbers, but at what cost to patient care?
- President's Message
The key to democracy at ACP: the rise of the Board of Governors
- Two celebrations for MKSAP: new editor, 30th anniversary
- News briefs
- New Fellows
Candidates elected to ACP Fellowship in July 1997
- Obituaries: Douglas L. Gordon and Henry A. Sparks
Internist Archives Quick Links
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP’s recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.