From the July/August 1997 issue:
- Changes in Medicare pay likely delayed until 1999
- Trouble in Canadian health care: money woes plague a popular system
- Will demand management work?
Health plans want to 'empower' patients, but doctors fear misuse
- From the President
How you—and ACP—can catalyze political change
- ACP presents Laureate Awards
- Getting our message across: ACP's advocacy strategy
- Report targets Medicare pay policies, number of IMGs
- 'The last taboo'
Making the case for bringing religion to patient care
- Your patient is out of line—now what should you do?
How to anticipate—and resolve—awkward patient encounters like sexual advances and gift-giving
- ACP news
- With teens, talk is the most valuable treatment tool
How to ask the right questions to get the real answers about sex, drugs and other issues
- 1996-97 report from ACP's Executive Vice President
- Letters: Medicare solvency, Evidence-based medicine, Hospitalists
- Chapter meetings
ACP Observer, ACP Online win awardsFor the second year in a row, ACP Observer has won the gold award for newswriting in the Excel Awards, sponsored by the Society of National Association Publications (SNAP). In addition, ACP Observer's Computers & Medicine department won second place in a competition sponsored by the American Society of Business Press Editors.
For the first time, SNAP Excel Awards included Web sites. ACP Online tied for the gold award.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals—FREE to ACP Members!
ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.