From the May 1997 issue:
- Annual Session Update:
- Learning the etiquette of referrals
- In prostate debate, doctors and patients often at odds
- ACP Governors approve resolutions
- Good communication—in 15 minutes?
- Dealing with pain management
- Credibility, medical education...other highlights at Annual Session
- How doctors can affect managed care
- Is your practice operating efficiently?
- Working in geriatrics: Look beyond chronic conditions
- ACP paper finds 'urban health penalty'
- Computers and medicine: up close
- Internists in the hospital—only
'Hospitalists' idea taking off, but will continuity of care suffer?
- From the President
Health care reform: how bright prospects plummeted
As ACP pushes for health care refor, a look at where President Clinton's efforts went wrong
- ACP starts up physician-directed networks initiative
Goals are to identify 'best practices,' publish an analysis and develop educational courses
- The College plans for the future, identifies four strategic themes
- New ACP officers aim to focus on policy-making
- Science in a fishbowl
Dr. Fauci on combination therapies, vaccines for AIDS
- One physician's experience with 'cocktail' therapies
New AIDS treatments show dramatic results: but reveal quagmire of costs, treatment complications
- Are you ready to take the internal medicine boards?
Experts advise self-assessment tests, study groups and other ways to best prepare—and pass
Internist Archives Quick Links
Annals Virtual Patients Series 1-4 Available
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique online patient simulator that helps you learn while you earn CME Credit and MOC Points.
Start your journey now.
ACP keeps you on target to earn MOC Points
December 2015 is the deadline for most internists participating in ABIM MOC to earn some MOC points. Review our stimulating and rewarding options.