From the May 1997 issue:
- Annual Session Update:
- Learning the etiquette of referrals
- In prostate debate, doctors and patients often at odds
- ACP Governors approve resolutions
- Good communication—in 15 minutes?
- Dealing with pain management
- Credibility, medical education...other highlights at Annual Session
- How doctors can affect managed care
- Is your practice operating efficiently?
- Working in geriatrics: Look beyond chronic conditions
- ACP paper finds 'urban health penalty'
- Computers and medicine: up close
- Internists in the hospital—only
'Hospitalists' idea taking off, but will continuity of care suffer?
- From the President
Health care reform: how bright prospects plummeted
As ACP pushes for health care refor, a look at where President Clinton's efforts went wrong
- ACP starts up physician-directed networks initiative
Goals are to identify 'best practices,' publish an analysis and develop educational courses
- The College plans for the future, identifies four strategic themes
- New ACP officers aim to focus on policy-making
- Science in a fishbowl
Dr. Fauci on combination therapies, vaccines for AIDS
- One physician's experience with 'cocktail' therapies
New AIDS treatments show dramatic results: but reveal quagmire of costs, treatment complications
- Are you ready to take the internal medicine boards?
Experts advise self-assessment tests, study groups and other ways to best prepare—and pass
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!