From the March 1997 issue:
'The Philadelphia Story'
- When the might of managed care clashes with 250 years of history
- How two generations—in one practice—face change
- Academic medicine makes a move to the 'burbs
- Cardiologists look to groups for safety in numbers
- Ethics case study explores futlity and appropriate treatment
- From the President
Celebrating the College's past, present and future
- ACP gains two additional seats in AMA's House of Delegates
- ACP's take on Medicare and other health care reforms
- Connect with your representatives
- Doing well by doing good: making prevention profitable
- Shrinking budgets, new ACGME rule changing stipends
- What you owe the tax man: a guide for IMGs
- Where the wired set roams
- Lessons in improving care for Medicaid HMO patients
- ACP backs new ban on Medicaid HMO 'gag clauses'
- College's history reflects commitment to ideals
- A retrospective look at Annuals Session of yore
- Annual Session: A look back
- A guide to Philadelphia's history of medicine
- Betsy Ross and Rodin part of Philadelphia culture
- Some of the top picks in Philadelphia dining
- Other news
- ACP releases nine new books
Also in this Issue
- Candidates elected to Fellowship in ACP, January 1997
- June deadline for Fellowship proposals
- Lessons learned from British health reforms
- Letters: The College's PR campaign, The two sides of selling, What about 'country'?
- Chapter meetings
- Other ACP news
- News briefs
- Practice briefs
Internist Archives Quick Links
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.